CreditCards.com Find The Right Credit Card For You

Monday, March 26, 2007

Protect your 'valuables'

I had been meaning to do this for a long time, but I finally did it this past weekend. I bought a fireproof and waterproof safe. It was ironic too, because on The Simpsons last night, Marge is inspired to purchase a fireproof safe to protect the family’s most precious valuables, but an accident causes the safe itself to explode and destroy its contents.


When it comes to fire-related issues, the most important issue is personal safety, but other ‘valuables’ need to be protected from fire as well. These may include, but are not limited to birth and death certificates, diplomas, jewellery, and even items with sentimental value such as photographs, backup CDs or DVDs of family vacations.


After shopping around some sites and doing some research, I settled on the Sentry®Safe Water-resistant Fire-Safe® Security Safe, model # OA3810. It is a little bit bigger than I had initially intended, but I figure it will allow me to keep some of the valuables I listed in the sentimental category. A few of it’s safety features are as follows:



  • ETL Verified for 2-hour fire protection of CDs, DVDs, USB Drives and Memory Sticks up to 1850°F

  • Water-resistant

  • UL Classified 2-hour proven fire protection with impact

  • UL Classified 30 ft. Drop Test

This is definitely something everyone should invest in, to protect your valuables in the unfortunate event of a flood or fire.

No comments:

Read these!