Monday, April 2, 2007

Write off taxes you paid

You can deduct property taxes you paid in 2006 on your 2006 tax return, if you itemize. You can also deduct state income taxes or sales taxes, whichever will give you more money back.

You can find tables estimating the sales taxes paid by people in your state on If you are looking for recommendations on what software to use, check out this post: Tax software reviews.

No comments:

Read these!